Duration: 3 Day Course
Ask Us for more details
Call Us: 0118 979 4000
More SQL Server 2008 Courses
- > Updating Your SQL Server Administration Skills to SQL Server 2008 Course
- > Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Course
- > Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Course
- > SQL Server Advanced Administration (2008 / 2012) Course
- > SQL Server Analysis Services (2008 / 2012) Course
- > SQL Server Essential Administration (2008 / 2012) Course
- > SQL Server Integration Services (2008 / 2012) Course
- > Accelerated Implementing and Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Course
- > Introduction to SQL Server MDX Course
- > SQL Server Reporting Services (2008 / 2012) Course
Upgrading Your SQL Server 2000 Skills to SQL Server 2008 Course
Course Code: M6317
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to upgrade their SQL Server 2000 database administration (DBA) skills to SQL Server 2008 DBA skills. Please note that there is no certification exam related to this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
-Describe the new features of SQL Server 2008.
-Plan for a SQL Server 2008 installation, upgrade, and migration.
-Understand SQL Server data types.
-Manage SQL Server 2008.
-Secure a SQL Server 2008 database.
-Prepare for and recover from potential database disasters.
-Maintain availability to their SQL Server data even through server downtime.
-Configure replication of SQL Server 2008 databases.
-Implement policy-based management.
-Monitor database activity.
-Monitor and manage database performance.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases.
Before attending this course, students must have experience developing or administering SQL Server 2000 databases.